Accra Hearts of Oak rallied from behind to maintain their lead in Zone B, while Medeama Sporting Club surprised defeat to Bechem United, did not affect their lead in Zone A of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Normalisation Committee Special Competition.
The match day 11 of the special competition, played over the weekend, at the various league centers saw both clubs make a strong case to progress to the next stage of the competition.
In Zone A, group leaders Medeama SC, suffered a surprised 1-0 away defeat to Bechem United, whilst AshantiGold beat their regional rivals Asante Kotoko 1-0 to move to 14 point with a point behind their opponent who are second with 15 points on the ground standing, courtesy first half strike from Mark Agyekum.
Elsewhere in Zone B, visitors Accra Hearts of Oak, maintained their lead as they rallied from behind to beat Ebusua Dwarfs 2-1, with youngster Manaf Urmar scoring the winner in the second half.
The results means, the Phobians would be leading the zone with 22 points, a point ahead of second placed Karela United who needed a brace from their star man Diawise Taylor to dumped West Africa Football Academy (WAFA) who are third on Zone B standing with 18 points.
Liberty Professionals have now moved to fourth position with 16 points after defeating Elmina Sharks 3-1 at home. Sharks has dropped to fifth position with 15 points with the new results.
Below are the full standings of the NC special tournament :
ZONE A STANDING ; Points (pts), Goals Difference (Gls )
1. Medeama SC – 19pts +3 Gls
2. Asante Kotoko -15pts +6 Gls
3. Aduana Stars – 15pts. +3 Gls
4. AshantiGold- 14 pts. +1 Gls
5. Eleven Wonders – 11pts -1 Gls
6. Bechem United – 11 pts – 4 Gls
7. Berekum Chelsea – 5 pts. -7 Gls
ZONE B STANDING;
1. Hearts of Oak – 22 pts +8 Gls
2. Karela United – 21 pts. +4 Gls
3. WAFA. – 18 pts. +2 Gls
4. Liberty- 16 pts +4 Gls
5. Elmina Sharks- 15 pts +4 Gls
6. Abusua Dwarfs – 11 pts – 7 Gls
7. Dreams FC. – 10 pts – 7 Gls
8. Inter Allies – 6 pts -9 Gls